The church of Saint-Pascal has many treasures, such as the splendid Stations of the Cross, the outstanding paintings of Charles Huot, the impressive work of Berlinguet for the decoration, the four magnificent archangels sculpted by Louis Jobin and the Casavant organ. The church was built in 1793, as the third church of Saint-Pascal Village.
The building was designed by architect Jean-Baptiste Hebert. The façade and exterior walls are made of stone. It has three naves. There are two superimposed galleries in the rear.
Interior walls are covered by plaster and the semicircular vault is made of wood.
In 1870 an earthquake knocked down both bell towers, so in 1879 the sculptor Louis Jobin was commissioned to execute four statues of angels, namely Gabriel, Michael, Raphael and Uriel.
Another earthquake, in 1925, destroyed the Uriel statue that was replaced by a work by Auguste Dionne. Today, these statues are installed inside the church.
Photo of Saint-Pascal-de-Kamouraska Church: © Fondation du patrimoine religieux du Québec
Address of Saint-Pascal-de-Kamouraska Church: 495, rue Taché