St-Liboire was constituted in 1856 by a decree of Bishop Jean-Charles Prince, first bishop of St. Hyacinthe.
Since the first chapel had been enlarged in 1862, it was possible to delay the construction of the church until September, 1877, and the construction was executed between 1877 and 1879 upon plans prepared by architects Poitras & Martin.
The building is rectangular with a projected chancel and a semi-circular apse.
The facade and exterior walls are covered with stone. Interior walls are plastered and the semi-circular vault is made of wood. The interior decoration was executed in 1898-99. The organ made by Eusèbe Brodeur is installed in the church.
St. Liboire Church. Photo : Patrimoine du Québec