Megantic Region - Quebec’s Eastern Townships
The 157 km long Summit Drive connects the highest mountains in southeast Quebec. It formes a horsehoe between La Prairie, and Stratford located respectively at the South-West and North-West. The summits define the magnificent scenery of endless mountains chains, majestic lakes and lost country roads.
The Summit Drive crosses 15 municipalities, where history has left its discrete and fascinating trace and where time takes a different rhythm, Guests find themselves in the ideal place for countless activities, such as cycling, fishing, hiking, kayaking, canoeing, and more.
Summit Drive alternate routes and businesses located less than every 10 km.
The must see:
- National Park of Mont-Megantic: Mountain peaks, valleys, ridges, hiking trails, breathtaking views… You can easily ascend the two highest summits of southern Quebec: Mont St-Joseph (1,065 n) and Mont-Megantic (1,105 m).
- Mont Gosford: One of the highest summits of southern Quebec (1,183 m). Hiking trails, incredible nature. An observational tower with an exceptional panoramic view of border mountains.
- Pioplols - A very beautiful village, founded in 1871 by Papal Zouaves.
- Lake Megantic (Lac-Megantic): Water sports, walking paths, sightseeing boat excursions.
- Granite House (Maison de Granit) : An ancient granite quarry, historic site, hiking trails.
- National park of Frontenac: Located on the shores of the St-François Lake.
- Wildlife pavilion and cruises of lake Aylmer: Impressive collection of wild animals. Guided tour of more than 30 dioramas recreating nature’s grand habitats.
Map of Summit Drive : www.tourisme-megantic.com
See also :