Secret Ingredient Moist & Chewy Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 cups (750 ml) of quick cooking oats
- 1 cup (250 ml) of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- 1/8 tsp of ground nutmeg
- 1 – ½ cups of firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup of mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- ¾ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C)
- Grease baking sheets; set aside.
- In medium bowl, with electric mixer, beat brown sugar, mayonnaise, egg and vanilla two minutes
- Gradually beat in oat mixture until blended.
- Stir in raisins.
- On prepared baking sheets, drop dough by level tablespoonfuls, 3 inches (7 cm) apart.
- Bake ten minutes or until golden. On wire rack, cool two minutes; remove from sheets and cool completely.
Makes four dozen cookies
Prep time: 10 minutes, cook time: 10 minutes.
See other recipes: