Warm Gingered Chicken Salad With Crispy Greens
- ½ cup of mayonnaise
- 2 tsp of rice wine vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp of soy sauce
- 1 tsp of honey
- ¼ tsp of ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of orange juice
- Four boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 ¼ lbs each)
- Six cups of torn romaine lettuce leaves
- One small bunch of watercress (optional)
- 4 oz of snow peas (optional
- Two oranges, peeled and sectioned or one can of 11 onzes of mandarin oranges, drained (optional)
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ginger and salt.
- Reserve ¼ cup of mayonnaise mixture for grilling.
- Stir orange juice into remaining mayonnaise mixture; reserve for greens.
- Grill or broil chicken, brushing with reserved ¼ cup, mayonnaise mixture, 12 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked, turning once.
- In large bowl, toss lettuce and watercress with reserved orange juice mixture.
- To serve, arrange sliced chicken over greens, then top with snow peas and oranges.
Prep time: 20 minutes, cook time 12 minutes, makes 4 servings.