Chicken Taco Rice
- One Tbsp oil
- 400 g (1 lb) of boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 350 (1 1/2 cups) of chicken broth
- 250 mL of salsa
- 2 cups of corn niblets, frozen or canned
- One medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 1/2 cups of rice
- 1/2 cup of sour cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- Heat oil in large fry-pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; sauté until lightly browned.
- Add broth and salsa; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add corn and pepper; bring to boil.
- Stir in rice; cover.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork.
- Top with sour cream and cheese.
Makes 6 servings. Nutrition information per Serving:
- Calories 320
- Protein 25.7 g
- Fat 9.6 g
- Carbohydrates 32.7 g
- Dietary fibre 2.5 g
Other chicken recipes: