Fruits Spread for Cheese
Cranberry, Raspberry, Ginseng & Star Anise
- 320 g of Brie or Camembert cheese
- 16 won ton or egg roll skins
- One 60 ml jar of Cranberry, Raspberry, Ginseng & Star Anise Fruit Spread for Cheese
- 30 ml of hazulnut oil
- 20 g de watercress leaves (or other tender greens)
- Best quality, unrefined salt
- Olive oil
- Thaw the won ton skins on the counter for a few hours.
- Heat up some oil to 325 °F in a deep fryer and fry 4 won ton skins at a time.
- Cook until golden brown, keeping skins straight by pressing down on them with a slotted spatula.
- Place fried won ton skins on absorbent paper to drain off excess oil.
- Salt immediately. Repeat with the remaining won ton skins. Set aside.
- Place four fried won ton on a baking sheet. On each one, put 20 g of Camembert cheese and about 3 g of spreed.
- Repeat to form four bundles of for layers each.
- When done, bake in the oven at 375 °F for about 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until the cheese is slightly melted and easily blends with the spread.
- Place each bundle on a large plate and top with a small bunch of watercress.
- Trace a line of olive oil on each plate.
- For extra effect, add an espresso spoon of spread on the plate.
Source: www.vergerduhaime.com See also: