Greek Rice and Feta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups rice (350 mL)
- 1/2 cup salad dressing
- 1/2 Italian dressing
- 1 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (250 mL)
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- Wash rice in 4 changes of cold water. Drain, place in a pan, add water and salt, bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat and cook for about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat and leave covered for 10 minutes.
- Toss with green pepper, cucumber, tomato, cheese, green onion and olives.
- In small bowl, combine salad dressings and seasonings; mix well.
- Toss with rice mixture. Cover and chill.
Makes 4 to 6 servings. Nutrition information per serving: Calories 315, protein 6g, fat 22g, carbohydrates 25g, dietary fibre 1,5g.