Madras Chicken with Peaches
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 2 tsp (10 ml) curry powder
- 1 can (14 oz) sliced peaches, with juice
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) soya sauce
- 1 ½ cups (350 ml) rice
- Heat oil in large fry-pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until lightly browned on both sides.
- Push to sides of pan.
- Sauté onion and celery until tender.
- Stir in curry powder, heat briefly.
- Add sliced peaches with juice, mango chutney and soya sauce.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for one minute.
- Cook rice as usual.
- Serve chicken and peaches over hot rice.
Makes four servings. Nutrition information: calories – about 350, fat – 6g, protein – 31g, carbohydrates – 45g, dietary fibre – 3g.