Apricot Rice Pilaf
- 1 can (14 oz or 400 ml) of apricot halves
- 2 cups (500ml) of rice
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 2 Tbsp ob butter
- 1/4 tsp of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp of curry powder
- 1/2 tap salt
- 2 cups of water
- Drain aprocots and coarsely chop
- Sauté celery in butter.
- Add apricots, ginger, salt, curry powder and water. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Can be re-heated in covered serving dish at 225F (110C).
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories - 200, dietary fibre - 1,7g, carbohydrate - 42g, Fat - 4g, protein - 4g.
Other rice recipes: