Once upon a time, the territory of LaSalle was a wild and untamed kingdom, where only the noises of the rapids and the voices of animals and birds were heard.
At this point in time, the Indians frequented this place for hunting and fishing around water which never froze and where food was abundant all year.
The first Europeans settle here in the XVII century and the famous French explorer René-Robert Cavelier de la Salle was the first lord of this land called Côte Saint-Sulpice at that time (in fact, the borough of Lachine takes its name from this explorer, as the denizens of the village baptized his old freehold by the name of Lachine, in a way of a practical joke, after Mr. La Salle failed to reach China).
So, in 1672, the Church sets up the parish of Lachine, whose territory extended from the beginning of the rapids up to the Claire point of the Island of Montreal. After the British Conquest, the British immigrants bought almost all the land and estates at LaSalle and transformed them into private domains.
In 1824, the British carried out an old French dream: that to channel the bed of the Saint-Pierre River and the lake aux Loutres to circumvent the rapids.
In 1912, the city of LaSalle was incorporated.