St-Bruno-de-Guigues is situated in the administrative area of Abitibi-Temiscamingue. The town is located in the Temiscamingue county. Its population if of about 1200.
On this the first Temiscamingue family, that of Edouard Piche, settled in 1863. This family traded furs with the native peoples. Other families followed suit in the 1880s.
The township of Guigues was established in 1897 and the parish followed in 1912.
Guigues was the first community in Canada, where a silver mine was open. St-Bruno-de-Guigues is named for His Lordship Joseph-Eugene-Bruno Guigues (1807-1874), the first Oblate crowned Bishop of Canada. The prevailing industry here is the agriculture. Many inhabitants work in the neighbouring communities.
Within municipal limits guests can find tourist sites of interest such as the historic Denome Covered Bridge, built in 1933, and the old Write silver mine.Both sites have been declared heritage sites of Quebec Tourists can visit the Geai Bleu Farm where bovines are raised and Abitemis Honey where honey products are produced. Besides, the Maison Breen is located at the downtown of Saint-Bruno-de-Guigues.
The estate has been preserved in a remarkable way. St-Bruno is home to a few festivals such as the Temiscamingue Agriculture Expo, the Farmers Ball and the Western Festival.
Address of St-Bruno-de-Guigues :
21, rue Principale Nord, C.P. 130 St-Bruno-de-Guigues J0Z 2G0
Phone: 819 728-2186
Web Site of St. Bruno-de-Guigues: www.temiscamingue.net/guigues