Museum of Fine Arts of Sherbrooke 

Museum of fine arts of Sherbrooke, founded in 1982, occupies a superb historic downtown building, built in 1876, which once served as Eastern Townships Bank. It has three galleries, one of which is devoted to its important permanent collection and two others are reserved for temporary exhibitions.

The museum contains over three thousand works of art divided in three major categories, namely: artists born or living in the Eastern Townships, artists inspired by the region and artists from other regions, provinces and countries.

The Museum of Fine Arts of Sherbrooke exhibits two permanent exhibitions, one of them is dedicated to Frederick Simpson Coburn, a famous artist born in the Eastern Townsips. Another permanent exhibition is a collection of art donated by Mr, Luc LaRochelle.

Besides, the Museum exhibits collections of naïve art.

Temporary exhibitions are also presented. Generally, the Museum devotes its programming to artists with connections with the Eastern Townships and who have or have had a significant influence in their time.

The Museum of Fine arts is open to visitors from Tuesday to Sunday, Guided tours in English are available upon reservation. Guided tours for groups and educations activies are available also by reservation.

How to reach the Museum of Fine Arts of Sherbrooke:

242 Dufferin
Sherbrooke
J1H 4M3
Phone: 819-821 0215.

Web site of the Museum of Fine Arts of Sherbrooke: www.mbas.qc.ca

to find out more:

  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Google
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • LinkedIn
  • TwitThis