The Bishop Mountain Building
The Bishop Mountain Building, located in Quebec City was built as a chapel in 1864 on the grounds of St. Michael’s Church. The stone building was named for Bishop George J. Mountain, who served for more than 25 years as the third Anglican Bishop of Quebec.
His father was the first Anglican bishop in the province of Quebec. Bishop Mountain was renowned for his treks, many times on foot, throughout the vast territories, which included Gaspesie, Eastern Townships and other regions. The chapel became a school which was also named for Bishop Mountain. Now the estate houses the offices of the Central Quebec school board, responsible for English-language schools.
In 1997, the Quebec government adopted linguistic school boards.
Thus the Central Quebec School Board was created, incorporating different English-language schools from a few school boards from Jonquiere, Shawinigan, Thetford Mines, Three-Rivers and Quebec City.
Address of the Central Quebec School Board: 2046 Chemin Saint-Louis Quebec
Phone: 418 688-8730