Scrumptious Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
- Three cups (750 mL0 of all-purpose flour
- Two cups (500 mL) of granulated sugar
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- 1-1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp of ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp of salt
- ¼ tsp of ground cloves
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup of milk
- Two eggs
- Three cups of peeled grated carrots
- 1 cup (250 ml) of well-drained crushed pineapple
- 1 cup (250 ml) of chopped walnuts or pecans
- 6 oz (180 gr) of cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups of icing sugar
- 4 tsp of margarine
- 4 tsp of lemon juice
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- For Cake, preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Grease 2 (9-inch/23 cm) cake pans, line with parchment paper, set aside.
- In larger bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves.
- Add mayonnaise, milk, eggs.
- With electric mixer, beat at low speed for two minutes, scraping bowl frequently (Batter will be sick).
- With large spoon, stir in grated carrots, drained pineapple and walnuts.
- Evenly spoon into prepared pans.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centres comes out clean. Cool on wier rack for ten minutes and remove from pans. Then let cool completely.
- For Frosting, in medium bowl, with electric mixer, beat cream cheese, icing sugar, margarine, lemon juice and vanilla until light and creamy, about five minutes.
- Evenly spread frosting over cooled cake.
Makes 12 servings. Prep time: 25 minutes and cook time: 30 minutes.