Incredibly Moist Chocolate Cake
- 1 box (510 g) of chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup (250 ml) of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of water
- Three eggs
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Grease and lightly flour two 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pans, set aside (or prepare cake mix in 13 x 9-inch (3,5 l) baking pan and bake 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean).
- In large bowl, with electric mixer on low speed, beat cake mix, mayonnaise, water, eggs and cinnamon 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping sides occasionally, 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
- On wire rack, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely.
- Sprinkly, if desried, with icing sugar or frost.
Makes 12 servings, prep time : 5 minutes, cook time : 30 minutes.