Mushroom and Cheese Quesadillas
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 10 oz (300 g) of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 4 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 and a half cup of shredded cheese (Monterey Jack)
- Salt, ground black pepper
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and cook mushrooms, onion, jalapeno peppres, garlic, stirring occasionally, eight minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add salt and black pepper.
- Let cool slightly and the stir in mayonnaise.
- Evenly spread mixture over tortillas, then top with cheese and fold in half.
- In same skillet, over medium-high heat, cook tortillas, one at a time, for two minutes on each side or until lightly golden.
- Cut tortillas into wedges and serve. Makes 4 serevings.