Sautéed hrimp With Chipotle Sauce
- 3/4 of mayonnaise,
- 1 or 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, finely chopped;
- 2 tbap of olive oil;
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped;
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced;
- 1 tbsp of sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp of oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 lb of uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt, ground black pepper
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise and chipotle peppers; set aside.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and cook onion, garlic, sugar and oregano, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in shrimp, salt and pepper and cook 3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Remove from heat, stir in mayonnaise mixture.
- Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice.
Makes 4 servings. Preparation time: 20 min. Cooking time: 8 minutes.