- 1 1/2 (350 mL) cups rice
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbs (5 mL) grated onion
- 2 tsp (10 mL0 curry powder
- 1 1/2 cut-up (400 g or 14 oz) cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) diced celery
- 1/2 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz or 400 ml)pineapple tidbits, drained
- Wash rice in 2-4 changes of cold water.
- Drain, place in a deep pan, add water and 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to the boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat and cook for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave covered for another 15 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion and curry powder; mix well.
- Add chicken, celery, red pepper and pineapple.
- Stir in rice; mix well.
- Cover and chill. Serve on lettuce.
Makes five servings. Nutrition information per serving: calories 480, protein 15g, fat 32 g, carbohydrates 32g, dietary fibre 2g