Curcurbitacae are easy to cook and can be enjoyed year-round.
- 750 ml (3 cups) flour
- 250 ml (1 cup) vegetable shortening
- 10 ml (2 tsp) baking soda
- 250 ml (1 cup) brown sugar)
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) salt
- 750 ml (3 cups) pumpkin puree
- 15 ml (1tbs) cinnamon
- Two eggs
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cloves
- Mix together the dry ingredients and set them aside
- Beat together the vegetable shortening, cinnamon and eggs until creamy
- Continue beating the mixture while slowly adding alternately the dry ingredients and the pumpkin puree
- Pour the mixture into a greased lasagna dish
- Bake on the middle rack of a 325 F oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
Pumpkins… Photo: ProvinceQuebec.com