In 1784, the Congregation of Notre-Dame, whose convent in Lachine was falling into ruin, decided to move to Pointe-Claire, where the number of parishioners increased.
The first building was built in 1787, behind the cemetery located between the presbytery and the existing church.
The present convent was built in 1867-1868 by Octave and Louis Bourgouin, according to plans by Henri-Maurice Perrault. It is a building made of uncut stone, with a basement, ground floor, upper floor and attic.
The ridge roof with dormer windows had a pinnacle turret in the centre. In 1962, the structure was enlarged by adding two perpendicular wings to the older main building. These were designed by architect Louis-Napoleon Audet.
The maitre proposed using the same materials and architectural style as were employed in the original building. The original cornice with modillions of the ridge roofs were duplicated.
The interior of the real estate, used as a school, was completely modernized. The building became a retirement home for nuns.