Brigham is a municipality in the Brome-Missisquoi County, located in the administrative region of Montérégie, west of Cowansville and very close to Bromont.
It has a population of about 2500. Brigham was founded in 1855 as The Eastern part of the Township of Farnham.
The United Church was opened in 1873. In 1961, the village was renamed as Adamsville, thus honouring George Adams, owner of the land on which the church was built, but in 1981, there was a further name-change. This time the village was named after Erastus Oakley Brigham, owner of the local brick factory, which supplied construction materials to the region in the 19th century, and councillor of the township.
The Brigham area attracts tourists from both Canada and the United States (the border is just a few miles) by its landscapes, forests, vineyards and more.
There are two covered bridges inn the area, as well as the neo-Renaissance Brigham Manor, built in 1865. A large blueberry field, sugar shacks and numerous historical homes dating from 1865 through 1890 merit a visit.
Actually, living in a mainly pastoral agricultural setting, Brigham residents also benefit from excellent local farmers’ markets.
Find out more :