The municipality of St-Edouard-de-Fabre is situated in the Temiscamingue County of the Abitibi-Temiscamingue Region. Its territory is of 216 square kilometres. About half of it is occupied by the forest, composed of the maple grove with yellow birch. About 680 inhabitants live here.
The territory is bordered to the north by Duhamel-Ouest, to the south by Laniel, to the east by Bearn and to the west by the Ontario border. The community can be reached by the Trans-Canada Highway 101 and by the Road 391 which connects to Highway 101.
People began to settle in area at the beginning of 1860 and the first settler was Moïse Lavallée de Lavaltrie who had worked several years in forest companies, and decided to clear a ground in the area. Later, others families would also come to establish in the area.
The St-Edouard-de-Fabre Parish was built in 1912. It was named in honour of His Lordship Charles-Edouard Fabre, the first Arch Bishop of Montreal from 1876 to 1896.
The Township of Fabre was proclaimed in 1920. At the tourism level, the municipality organises certain festivals such as the Quad Festival and the Riding Festival where there are riding competitions. Two aesthetic sites of interest are present on Highway 101 near St-Eduard-de-Fabre; the first one is located between St-Edouard-de-Fabre and Duhamel-Ouest and offers a view of Lake Temiscamingue at its African Bay.
The second site is located near the rest stop between St-Edouard-de-Fabre and Laniel and offers a view of the Kipawa River.
There is lots of room for change here, and the quality of the soil and the reasonable cost for land, as well as the proximity of Lake Temiscamingue are a strong potential for vacationing and tourism development.
The village is calm and quiet.
. See also: