St. Lawrence Borough

The parish of St. Laurent was founded in 1702. The village settlement at the origin of the borough first developed along St. Lawrence rise, now Avenue Saint-Croix. This avenue and adjacent streets, including St. Louis Street, provide a unique opportunity to learn about some of the remnants of the old village of St. Laurent, silent witness to a still-living past.

Historic buildings sit alongside old prestigious residences featuring the evocative architecture of a period from the not-too-distant past, when St. Laurent saw its first urban development. When looking at today’s paved streets, it’s not hard for visitors to imagine the homeowners of  yesteryear returning to their residences in horse-drawn carriages.

The arrival of the tramway at the end of the 19th century attracted numerous families to Saint-Laurent.

After the Second World War, businesses began to multiply on the “Grande Allée de Florence,” officially renamed Boulevard Décarie in 1949.

Boulevard Décarie, thoroughly revitalized between Boulevard de la Côte-Vertu and Rue du Collège in 2007, offers a fascinating array of businesses and restaurants representative of Saint-Laurent’s cultural mosaic.

Norwick village was built during Canada's war efforts between 1939 and 1945. This village as well as the presence of the Noorduyn and Vickers (later Canadair) plants were behind the construction of the "Wartime" neighbourhood. Located essentially to the north of Poirier Street, the area was first settled by workers of Canadair and, later, by Second World War veterans. The eighbourhood's small houses, almost all identiacl were quite innovative for the time. This sector continues to be characterized by its maze of crescent-shaped streets.

Located on the Boulevard Thimens civic hub, the new Sports Complex will include an indoor soccer field, a 25-metre pool, a wading pool, a basic gymnasium, a palestra and several other spaces, including a multipurpose room. The municipality is aiming to obtain LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Gold certification for the new building.

st lawrence bank

Laurentian Bank, 855 Decarie Boulevard: The Canadian Bank of Commerce, Boura’s Delicatessen restaurant, Lucerne theatre and F. Pilon bookstore were  all located at the corner now occupied by the Laurentian Bank. Photo : ©

jean coutu

Jean Coutu, 802, Decarie Boulevard: Although the F.W. Woolworth store is long gone, the original building continues to stand at the intersection of Boulevard Decarie and Rue de l’Église. The space formerly occupied by the US retailer is now used by a Quebec company, the Jean Coutu drugstore chain.  Photo : ©

bureau de poste

Former post office, Montreal Architectural Heritage Campaign – Award 2009. Commercial, Industrial and Office Building Category. 801, boulevard Decarie : This former post office, built in 1957 according to the plans of architects Mongenais et Chicoine, has been remarkably well maintained over the years. Since 1996, the building’s new commercial use has not altered the architectural elements typical of the 1950s, as evidence by the fenestration. Photo : ©


Cenotaph, by Raymond Fréjeau (1971), Beaudet Park, intersection of Du College Street and Decarie Boulevard: In memoriam a monument in honour of soldiers from St. Lawrence borough.  The inscription reads: To the glory of God and to the memory of the sons of St. Laurent who gave their lives for their country, for peace and for freedom. The fountain was designed and erected by the municipality in 1971. Photo : ©

1391 rue du college

Brick home, 1391, Du College Street: Brick home constructed in 1914. In the background there are three covered balconies. Photo : ©

cycles st laurent

Triplex, 1340-1342 Du College street: This is believed to be saint-Laurent’s first triplex, built around 1914. This housing type came in response to the need for a denser habitat. Note the exterior case, which ends in a loggia (recessed balcony) and leads to the doors to the upper floors. The parapet is a superb example of decorative masonry, combining two colours of brick and relief work. Photo: ©

masters museum

Founded in 1977 as the Musée d’art de Saint-Laurent, the Musée des maîtres et artisans du Québec’s mission is to highlight the ingenuity of Quebec’s craftspeople. The museum is located in a former Presbyterian church belonging to the Cégep de Saint-Laurent. Photo: ©

cegep st laurent

St-Laurent Cegep, 625 Sainte-Croix:  Upon their arrival in 1847, members of the Congrégation de Sainte-Croix lived in the house located at 696 Avenue Sainte-Croix, which they converted into a school. In 1852, they lay the foundations of a new building on the site of the present-day Cegep. The institution officially began to offer a course of classical, bilingual education in 1861 and was renamed Collège de Saint-Laurent. Photo: ©

st joseph hall

Recreation Hall at 775, St. Croix Avenue: Old grain warehouse dating back to the turn of the 19th Century. Originally built to store the parishioners’ tithe, in 1915 it was converted into a recreation room called Salle Saint-Joseph. Again in 1915, the building became the first library in Saint-Laurent. Today it is used as a meeting venue by various associations. Photo: ©

emile legault

Émile-Legault Hall, 613, avenue Sainte-Croix: Cégep de Saint-Laurent : On Friday, September 30, 2011, the completely renovated Salle Émile-Legault opened at Cégep de Saint-Laurent. Featuring a 471-seating capacity, large stage and stateof-the-art equipment and technology, Salle Émile-Legault welcomes students from the Cégep’s various arts and performance programs, professional artists looking to explore varied creative paths, and cultural activities presented by the Borough of Saint-Laurent. The hall and its many annexes can be rented for rehearsals, performances and community or corporate activities. Photo: ©


Duplex, 832-834 St-Croix Avenue: This 1931 duplex has been transformed in 1954 to house four dwellings. In 1990, the building has been converted into an office building. The entrances have remained intact and the windows of the main façade have been replaced in keeping with the original proportions. Maintenance of this building is remarkable. Photo: ©

duplex st croix

Rural house at 834-836, St. Croix Avenue: Built in the heart of the Sainte-Croix Avenue rural core, this old country house is said to have been built by Robert Langwill around 1860. The building was extended in the early 90s, in keeping with its original look. Photo: ©

Vanier college

Vanier College, 821m Sainte-Croix Avenue: These buildings once gathered the Notre-Dame-des-Anges Academy, a primary school, and the Basile-Moreau College. These institutions for young girls were managed by the sisters of Sainte-Croix. Photo: ©

basile moreau

Monument in memory of Father Basile-Antoine Moreau, intersection of Basile-Moreau street and Decelles street. This second monument in Saint-Laurent in honour of Father Basile-Antoine Moreau, founder of the Ordre de Sainte-Croix, was created by the Maison Charles Vincent et Fils and carved in Indian granite by sculptors Michel Desjean and Guy Vincent. Image: ©

1375 de l'église street

 1375-1377 de l’Église street. The home built in 1909 is an excellent example of the petite bourgeois houses that added to the prestige of rue de l’Église. Noble materials, cornices and decorative parapets are hallmarks of this conservatively elegant architecture. The construction date was engraved into the pediments as a decorative pattern. Photo : ©

615 st germain

615 St-Germain street. Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign - Award 2005 - Residential Category. This 1914 triplex stands out with its well preserved porch and exemplary overall maintenance. Most of the wooden elements, including the doors on the main floor and porch ornamentation, have been preserved. The new windows have kept the original character of the original fenestration. Image by

1385 de l'église street

1385-1387, de l’Église street. The home built in 1911 is an excellent example of the petite bourgeois houses that added to the prestige of rue de l’Église. Noble materials, cornices and decorative parapets are hallmarks of this conservatively elegant architecture. The construction date was engraved into the pediments as a decorative pattern. Image by


A batterfly, at 1380, De l’Église street, near the Vieux-Saint-Laurent Library. Photo : ©

fontaine st-laurent

Cailloudo, Charles Daudelin (1990), 380, rue de l’Église, Bibliothèque du Vieux-Saint-Laurent. This sculpture-fountain, whose truncated form evokes an egg or pebble, was created during the “Sculpture: Séduction 90” event. Photo by ©

1566 rue decelles

1566, Decelles street, Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign - Award 2008 - Residential Category. Located at the heart of Vieux-Saint-Laurent, this small cottage was built around 1940. Of note is the fact that the cottage’s original structure, windows and ornamented wooden gallery have all been preserved. There’s no question that this building has been meticulously maintained. Image : Google Maps

canadian national bank

Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign - Award 2007 - Commercial, Industrial and Office Building CategoryThis building, which was built in 1911, housed a branch of the National Bank of Canada for many years. In 1982, it was transformed into an office building and some changes had to be made. The windows on the ground floor were replaced in keeping with the original proportions. The house’s fine state of preservation is noteworthy and indicative of regular maintenance. Photo by ©

municipal court

Municipal court, 1405, de l’Église street: The municipal court building, a point of service for St-Laurent, is located on the site of the former residence of Horace Gohier, municipal councillor from 1913 to 1919. Image: ©

parvis 22

Parvis #22 by Yves Trudeau (2000). This sculptural work, located at Place de l’an 2000 (“Year 2000 Square”) since August 2000, consists of three elements that evoke the coming of the new millennium and Saint-Laurent’s rural past. Photo: ©

930 rue goyer

Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign - Award 2011 - Residential Category. 930, rue Gohier. Built in 1930, this single-family home stands out for its authenticity. Special care taken over time has made it possible for all of the property’s original elements to be preserved, including French doors with transoms, double glazed wood windows, as well as the cornice and the balcony with its wood columns and balustrade.


Fire station, police station and city hall, this building, constructed in 1912, was torn down and replaced by the new municipal library in 1965. Photo: ©

house eglise street

1595, de l’Église street. Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign - Award 2010 - Residential Category. Built in 1914, this two-storey house is a fine example of urban development in the city in the 20th century. The red brick façades feature large wood galleries, balconies and stairs, a cornice and pediment. Photo: ©

1540 de l'église

1540, de l’Église street. Built in 1914, this imposing brick residence testifies to the particular characteristics that mark Rue de l’Église. All of the building’s original architectural elements have been preserved, such as the vast porch and columns that wrap around the house on three sides, as well as the many openings still made of wood, despite the addition of winter windows. Also of note is the more contemporary addition at the back of the house, which integrates harmoniously with the original building. Photo: ©

west baptist church

1600, de l’Église street. Montreal City West Baptist Church St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church moved in 1929 from Rue Saint-Germain to a brand-new church on Rue de l’Église. The church annexed a second building in 1956. Montreal City West Baptist Church has occupied the premises since 2006. Photo: ©

st mark church

The St. Mark’s Anglican Church was inaugurated in 1953, being the 28th Anniversary of the first Anglican service in Saint-Laurent. Photo: ©


Manor at 1560, de l’Église street: Édouard Gohier, Jr., lived in this house, built in 1928 according to plans drawn up by the architectural firm Labelle et Parent. Put up for sale in 1985, Manoir Gohier was at risk of demolition. However, the residence was converted into four luxury condominiums, its style and architecture preserved. Photo : ©

death mask frere Andre

Death mask of saint frère André, Sylvia Daoust (1987). This monument in honour of Saint Brother André consists of a mask and a bronze plaque affixed to a granite plaque. Image : ©

centr hebergement

Centre d’hébergement de St. Laurent, 1275, boulevard de la Côte-Vertu: The year 1912 saw the establishment in Saint-Laurent of the Soeurs de l’Espérance de la Congrégation de la Sainte-Famille de Bordeaux (Sisters of Hope of the Order of the Holy Family of Bordeaux). Their residence, the Maison Saint-Joseph, became Saint-Laurent’s first hospital. It was here that Saint Brother André drew his last breath, on January 6, 1937. Photo:

white oak

White oak, 1755, rue de l’Église. This handsome white oak grows to a height of around 30 metres at maturity, with the tallest known white oak measuring 44 metres. Native to North America, the tree is found mainly in moist continental. Photo : ©

decelles parc

Decelles Park. Eastern poplar, Eastern cottonwood. A member of the Salicaceae family, this poplar has toothed leaves and grows naturally in southern Quebec. It is one of the largest of trees native to Saint-Laurent. Silver maple, 1530, Sainte-Croix avenue. This silver maple is one of the largest of its kind in the St. Laurent Neighborhood. A plant of the Aceraceae family, it is native to North America. Easily grown and very hardy, it was one of the first trees to be planted along Saint-Laurent’s streets at the end of the XIXth century. Photo: ©

696 sainte croix

Country house at 696, avenue Sainte-Croix: According to the inscription in its stone façade, this old country house was built in 1794. The religious community of Les Pères de Saint-Croix turned it into a school in 1847. Photo ©

bibliotheque boise

The Bibliothèque du Boisé (De Boisé Library), 2727, boulevard Thimens, a true cultural crossroads. The library’s welcoming spaces, the number of seats, the variety of services offered and meeting-places available, as well as the varied programming aimed at several segments of the population, foster exchange among patrons. Source of the photo:

bourrasque gwenael bélanger

La Bourrasque. Integrated into the Bibliothèque du Boisé, this work by Gwenaël Bélanger constructed mainly of stainless steel begins at the library’s exterior wall. More of the work is gradually revealed as visitors enter the building itself. Photo : ©

1395 rue decelles

Communication station, at 1395, Decelles Street : Housing a Bell Canada communications station, this building, constructed in 1947, is noted for its harmonious integration into the surrounding residential neighbourhoods and its excellent state of conservation. Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign - Award 2003 - Commercial, Industrial and Office Building CategoryPhoto: ©

biret park

Robert Roussil, sculpture Place (Lieu, 1990), 3025, Biret street, Noel-Sud Park: This work consists of a modular sculpture composed of cylindrical elements that form columns as well as horizontal elements that link these columns together. Photo: ©

orme parasol

Umbrella elm, intersection of Sainte-Croix Avenue and Côte-Vertu Boulevard. The Umbrella elm is a small tree that may grow to a height of 4 metres when fully mature, with a similar width. This species of elm is very rare in Montréal, with only a few specimens found in the city. Photo: ©


YMCA de Montréal (succursale Saint-Laurent), 1745, rue Décarie, Saint-Laurent, Québec, H4L 3N5, téléphone 514-747-9801. The Saint-Laurent Y centre offers neighbourhood residents community programs through The YMCAs of Québec. Since Fall 2010, The YMCAs of Québec have partnered with the borough of Saint-Laurent in order to ensure the continued existence of the aquatic programming. Image by ©


680-682, Filiatrault street. Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign - Award 2007 - Residential Category. Built in 1934, this duplex features a masonry covering embellished with artificial stone above the openings and on the parapet. Note the original windows with colourful stained glass, as well as the woodwork around the exterior door on the ground floor. In 1978, the stairs on the façade were replaced in keeping with existing proportions. Photo: ©

1563 rue de l'église

Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign, residential category. 1563, rue de l’Église. This gem of a house, now over a century old, is an enduring testament to the architectural heritage of Saint-Laurent’s residential neighbourhoods. Over the years, its owner has taken particular care, through various maintenance and renovation operations, to conserve the majority of the original building elements (balustrade, fenestration, ornamentation, etc.). Image by Google

bois franc aquarelle school

Bois-Franc-Aquarelle School at 2085 Londres street. Photo: ©

notre dame de sion school

Our Lady of Syon bilingual school. Photo: ©

chinese church

Chinese Lutheran Church in Montréal, 1720, Décarie Street, H4L 3N3, téléphone : 514 748-7108. Photo: ©

hartenstein park

Hartenstein Park. Photo: ©

1025 o'brian

Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign - Award 2004 - Residential Category. 1025-1027, avenue O’Brien. Built in 1915, this duplex is remarkable by its authenticity. Its meticulous maintenance over the years allowed the preservation of its original components as a whole, such as the wooden doors and the wooden double windows, the louvers, the false pediment and wood siding exterior walls. It is a good example of a city dwelling entirely built with wood.

bethel pentecostal church

Bethel Pentecostal Church, 1345, rue Lapointe. Photo : Google Maps

raymond bourque

Aréna Raymond-Bourque, 2345, boulevard Thimens. Saint-Laurent’s arena was renamed in 1990 in honour of NHL hockey star and Saint-Laurent native Raymond Bourque. In July 2001, Bourque came to Saint-Laurent to display the Stanley Cup before a crowd of fans. He was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2004 and often played for Canada in international tournaments. Photo: ©

de l'église street

1955, De l’Église Street. Built in 1956, this house was designed by architect Paul Lapierre for Me Maurice Cousineau, Mayor of Saint-Laurent between 1950 and 1959. Unique architecture, original windows and porch make it stand out from the other houses in the area. Maintenance is exemplary. Photo: ©

chemin cote de liesse

Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign - Award 2002 Commercial, Industrial and Office Building Category. 6125, chemin de la Côte-de-LiesseThe owner of this industrial building has succeeded in adapting it to new needs while preserving the essential value of the original design. It is remarkable for the composition of the window arrangements and the decision to retain the original water tank. This nod to architectural heritage is a reminder of the hugely important role of industry in the development of Saint-Laurent.  Image:

belanger house

 Robert-Bélanger House, 3902, chemin du Bois-Franc. The Maison Robert-Bélanger is a single-family stone house built between 1803 and 1806, typical of the kind of farm dwellings built on the island of Montréal at the beginning of the 19th century. This historic property was once the residence of Émile Bélanger, who served as secretary of the parish of Saint-Laurent as well as a councillor for the Ville de Saint-Laurent. The Borough of Saint-Laurent purchased the property in 2010 in the aim of restoring it to its former glory, in collaboration with the City of Montréal’s Direction de la culture et du patrimoine. Photo: Valerie d’Amour, Montreal City

centre de loisirs st laurent

Centre des loisirs, 1375, rue Grenet. The Centre des loisirs offers a large number of sports, leisure and cultural activities aimed at people of all ages and at families. The Centre also makes available various facilities to community organizations, and serves as an exhibition space, a place to disseminate information, a gathering place, and a space for relaxation as well as assistance. Photo: ©

st laurent cemetary

Saint-Laurent Cemetery, 805, avenue Sainte-Croix. Run by the Sainte-Croix Congregation, the Saint-Laurent cemetery and columbarium are open every day between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m., including weekends.  Photo: ©

cemetary st laurent

St-Laurent Cemetery. Photo: ©

norgate shopping center

The Norgate Shopping Centre located from 1101 to 1191 Décarie boulevard. Considered as one of the first major shopping centres in Québec, it is also the first open-air pedestrian mall in Canada. Opened in the early 1950’s, it enhanced the city’s commercial development. Photo: ©

st laurent church

Saint-Laurent Church, 805, avenue Sainte-Croix. This church was built in 1835 and 1832 on the site of a former church that was opened by the Sulpicians in 1735. The church underwent renovations throughout the 19th century, including the rebuilding of the towers and façade, in 1884, and the restoration of the interior, in 1894, the work commissioned by Father Louis-Philippe Beaudet. On June 3, 1863, responsibility for the parish of Saint-Laurent was given to the Pères de Sainte-Croix. Photo : ©

st laurent rectory

Saint-Laurent Rectory, 779, avenue Sainte-Croix. The Saint-Laurent rectory was designed by architect François-Xavier Lapointe, constructed in 1830 and demolished in 1951 to make room for the current presbytery. This building served as a refuge, under father Jean-Baptiste Gaultier aka father Saint-Germain, to a few patriots from Saint-Eustache who escaping the British forces. Photo: ©

825 maison Cote vertu

Grou-Meilleur House, 825, boulevard de la Côte-Vertu. The Maison Grou-Meilleur is one of the oldest buildings in the city.Dating back to 1814 and named after its first owner, it belonged to the Grou family for many years. Jean-Baptiste Meilleur, the father of public education also lived in this house. Photo: ©

st sixte church

Saint-Sixte Church, 1895, rue de l’Église. Founded in 1950, the parish of Saint-Sixte is the largest of the four Saint-Laurent parishes in terms of surface area, and numbers some five thousand Catholics. Its church was erected in 1952. Source of the image: Jean-Philippe Boulet

maison stanislas jarry

Stanislas-Jarry House. In 2004, the Saint-Laurent borough’s department of economic development was turned into a non-profit organization with a mandate to foster economic vibrancy: Développement économique Saint-Laurent (DESTL) was thus born. The building was constructed in 1914. Photo: ©

rue leduc

Montréal Architectural Heritage Campaign - Award 2012 - Residential Category 940, rue Leduc. Built in 1947, this stone house has been well maintained with new wood windows that replicate the original ones. The addition above the garage features re-used stone from the lateral façade, adding harmony to the building. Source of the photo:

coup de départ

Le Coup de départ by Claude Millette, created in 2009. This work commemorates Quebec runner Philippe Laheurte (1957-1991), who became senior Canadian champion in the 5000-metre event in 1982. Photo by © Lucie Dumalo

benoit galipeau

Geometrical cube by Benoît Galipeau (1978), 2105, rue Beauzèle, Parc Marlborough. The Cube was the winning sculpture in a competition organized by the City of Saint-Laurent in December 1977 after new facilities were opened in Parc Marlborough. Photo : Lucie Dumalo

alexis nihon park

Parc Alexis-Nihon. Photo : ©

third millenium temple

Temple of the 3d millennium by Gilles Larivière, created in 1990. 2999, rue Badeaux, Parc Alexis-Nihon.This sculpture consists of four elements arranged in the form of a pyramid. Photo: ©

maple tree cardinal street

Silver maple, 950, rue Cardinal. Native to North America, this beautiful silver maple is a plant of the Aceraceae family. Easily grown and very hardy, it was one of the first trees to be planted along Saint-Laurent’s streets at the end of the 19th century. Image : ©

maple tree goyer street

Silver maple, 555, rue Gohier. A plant of the Aceraceae family, the majestic silver maple is native to North America. Easily grown and very hardy, it was one of the first trees to be planted along Saint-Laurent’s streets at the end of the 19th century. Photo: ©

arbre o brian

Black walnut, 2005, avenue O’Brien. With its handsome bearing, this black walnut is a rare and noble deciduous tree. A member of the Juglandaceae family, the tree is native to North America. It can attain a height of 30 metres, and is cultivated mainly for its fruit (nut), lumber and ornamental uses. Photo: ©

commission scolaire

Wall of Ceramic, Jean-Paul Mousseau et Claude Vermette (1959), 1100, boulevard de la Côte-Vertu, Commission scolaire Marguerite-Bourgeoys. The abstract arrangement, by Jean-Paul Mousseau and Claude Vermette, of red and yellow ceramic tiles on the exterior wall of Regina-Mundi high school (1959) accords with the building’s geometric architectural esthetic, which is eloquently manifested in the entrance’s design. Photo: ©

arbre chemin laval

Red oak, 2320, chemin Laval. This red oak, with its majestic bearing, is the most northerly of all oak trees. A member of the Fagaceae family, the red oak is native to North America. It is native to Montréal’s natural forest, and as such it is not uncommon to find specimens in the city’s parks and private gardens. Photo: ©

monument moreau

799, avenue Sainte-Croix, Église Saint-Laurent The plaque erected in honour of Father Basile-Antoine Moreau, founder of the Ordre de Sainte-Croix, was inaugurated on August 10, 1997 as part of the 150th Anniversary of the arrival of the fathers of Sainte-Croix. Photo: ©

valet of trefle

Valet de trèfle, Thomas Corriveau (2007), 1375, rue Grenet, Centre des loisirs of St-Laurent. The work Valet de trèfle (“Jack of Clubs”), by artist Thomas Corriveau, offers viewers a stimulating visual experience through its assemblage of printed fragments forming a picture that can be read in many different ways. Photo: ©

st laurent mairie

Fountain, Raymond Fréjeau (1967), 777, boulevard Marcel-Laurin, Mairie d’arrondissement. The fountain in front of city hall, the work of Saint-Laurent landscape architect Raymond Fréjeau, was inaugurated in 1970. The installation of the fountain was undertaken as part of a beautification, lighting and decoration program for the city on the occasion of Expo 67 and the 100th anniversary of Confederation. Photo: ©

st laurent city hall

Saint-Laurent Borough Hall, 777, boulevard Marcel-Laurin. Saint-Laurent City Hall (today’s Borough Hall) replaced the first municipal building on Rue de l’Église. Built in 1957 and opened on June 17, 1958, the building proudly bears the city’s coat of arms and its inscription, Credo Cresco, which means “I believe, I grow.” Photo: ©

our lady fatima

Our Lady Of Fatima Chruch, 875 Marcel Laurin boulevard. Photo: ©

st sixte

St. Sixte Church, 1895, De l'Église street. Photo: ©

olive boheme

Russian olive, boulevard de la Côte-Vertu au coin du boulevard Marcel-Laurin. The foliage of the Russian olive is unusual due to its silver colour. A member of the Elaeagnaceae family, this small tree grows to 5 to 7 metres high. Photo: ©


Les promeneurs, by Aurélio Sandonato, created in 1990, 845, rue Poirier, Parc Saint-Laurent. Three steel elements, aligned and painted red, evoke “couples out for a stroll.” Each element consists of two rectangular columns of varying height that have a curved cut-out at their midpoint. The elements sit on a rectangular concrete slab. Photo: ©

dos blancs

 Les dos blancs (White Backs) by Dominique Valade, created in 1990, 700, Muir Street, Caron Park. The work combines various sculptural elements arranged on a platform. Photo: ©

  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • Facebook
  • Google
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • LinkedIn
  • TwitThis